Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Interview With The Owner Of "Lady You Can Be Free" Blog

Lady you can be free blog
YES! Finally, I managed to get my very first lady blogger-investor interviewee for the "Interview With Fellow Investors" series. To be frank, it is harder to find lady investors who blog or has online presence. Hence, I am very proud to present to you our very first lady, she is owner of "Lady, You Can Be Free" blog (I like the name as it hits the point well)!

As at the time of my my writing, I am still pending for her to disclose her name, for the time being, let's call her Ms L (L stands for lady). Without further ado, let's look at what Ms L has to share with us.

Q1 : Can you give us a brief introduction about yourself?
A lady who hopes to achieve financial freedom (SGD 10K per month passive income) by 47 and spend my time thereafter striking off my bucket list,

Q2 : Are you a full-time or part-time investor at the moment?
I am a part-time investor.

Q3 : When (at what age) did you start investing in shares and who has influenced you the most?
I started investing in 2005 when I was 31 years old. I was in a job transition and as a sole breadwinner for a family of 4, I needed to ensure that I can continue bringing bread on the table during this transition. I came across my CDP statements and found that passive income can be generated through dividends. I started reading up more about investment and that’s how I got started. I really liked the money and investment principles presented by Robert T. Kiyosaki and Warren Buffet.

Q4 : Do you view yourself as long-term (holding shares in years), short-term investor (holding shares in days/months) or mixture?
I am a long term investor. 

Q5 : What is your basis of selecting the shares to invest (e.g. basing on fundamental analysis, technical analysis or other methods/sources [share a little bit more details if it is the latter])?
Company Fundamentals, Potential Upside, Performance History and Yield.

Q6 : What is your targeted and achieved annual rate of returns (%) so far? 
I don’t have a target rate of returns. My achieved rate of returns is "6 to 10%"

Q7 : What is your most recommended online investing resource (site or blog) to share with our readers? 
1) http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blogspot.sg for REITS investment
2) http://dividendsrichwarrior.blogspot.sg for Dividend investment.
3) http://thefinance.sg for a collection of Finance Blogs

Q8 : Besides shares, what other investment are you involved in (e.g. Real Estates, Bonds or REITs etc)?
REITS. I just bought a HDB which I have to live in for the next 5 years according to HDB . After which, I will have to decide whether this property becomes an investment tool for me.

Q9 : What is your current Shares Investment portfolio size (in range, no need specific)?  
I publish my portfolio size and distribution monthly on my website. Feel free to drop by to take a peek : http://ladyyoucanbefree.com

Q10 : If the readers what to get in touch with you, how to get hold of you? (Sharing of your website/blog/social media profile etc..)
I can be reached via 
1) Website : http://ladyyoucanbefree.com
2) Email : me@ladyyoucanbefree.com; 
3) Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lady-You-Can-Be-Free/339841642819954
4) Twitter : https://twitter.com/LadyYouCanBeFre

Wow! Looks like Ms L has quite an established portfolio out there and a few steps closer to achieve her financial freedom. Don't forget to check out his blog or social media profiles as I am sure we can all learn something from her.

By the way, whether you are a lady or gentlemen, as long as you are a retail investors and would like to be featured in my "Interview With The Fellow Investors" blog series, please feel free to email me at investopenly@gmail.com

For the complete list of my previous interviewees, do check it out here

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like What You See? Subscribe To Us Here...

* indicates required